To foster support and collaboration among friends and families with young onset Parkinsonís Disease through dialogue, education and involvement in the medical research community.
- Group Meetings
- • Informal monthly discussion evening
- » We meet at a volunteerís home on a rotating basis, to share information, compare medications and therapies, support each other, and discuss a topic defined by the hosts. It is crucial for us to see each otherís personal battles, and a relief to tell them to someone who feels what you do.
- • Formal hosted annual dinners.
- » We usually can arrange to bring everyone together for a sponsored dinner, a great way to meet new people and renew old connections.
- Communication, out-reach, and awareness are all supported by having a central, dynamic, accessible resource of relevant information, i.e.
- • The CalParkinsons.org website
- » We maintain this site as the information hub for the Group, supporting our mission
- • Features planned include
- » Links
- » Downloads (key documents)
- » Contacts
- We need to stay informed, and also to teach others about our capabilities and disabilities.
- • Monitor conferences and popular press
- » Knowledge is power, so we continually pull in news from public sources
- • Distribute or Post new information
- » Modern information technology affords us a variety of contact methods
- To advance the scientific understanding of Parkinsonís and its diagnosis, therapy and eventual cure, we serve as
- • Subjects enrolled in Clinical Studies and Trials
- • Patient Models in teaching clinics
- • Donors of tissue and organ materials for research purposes
- In support of patients and care-givers, we encourage members to:
- • Take any opportunities to inform
- • Serve on advisory boards
- • Work for a cure via the political process
- • Dispel the stigma of movement disorders
- • Contribute to compatible organizations
Elements of CPG
(roll over for details)